Very nice place. You can either watch many kinds of sports, like indoor soccer, gymnastics, hockey and more, or bowling, though it’s a bit expensive. Golfing is very interesting and not so expensive (around $30 for more than 100 balls and the club).
Chelsea Piers is a series of historic piers on the West Side of Manhattan in New York City that was a passenger ship terminal in the early 1900s that was used by the RMS Lusitania and was the destination of the Titanic.
The piers are currently used by the Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex. The new complex includes film and television production facilities, including those for CBS College Sports Network and Food Network, a health club, a day spa, the city’s largest training center for gymnastics, two basketball courts, playing fields for indoor lacrosse and soccer, batting cages, a rock climbing wall and dance studios. In addition there is a Bowlmor Bowling center, a golf club with multi-story driving range, and two full sized ice rinks for skating.
- Try to park across the street because their parking lot can get quite expensive if you’re there for a couple of hours.
- Expect to spend a maximum of 2 hours here.
- Call for info about the batting cages, because sometimes they have preplanned classes.
- The sports wing requires a membership.
Hours Subject to change. Always verify.
- Monday: 5:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Tuesday: 5:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Wednesday: 5:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Thursday: 5:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Friday: 5:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday: 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Can be reached by subway, but you’ll have to walk a bit.